Empathy is Emotional Intelligence. Emotional Intelligence is spreading far and wide in the hearts and minds of many. So why is empathy so important?Here are 10 quotes on why we need empathy…..
1. “When you show deep empathy towards others, they defensive energy goes down and positive energy replaces it. That’s when you can get creative about solving problems – Stephen Covey
2. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ― Leo Buscaglia
3. “Highly sensitive people are too often perceived as weaklings or damaged goods. To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness, it is the trademark of the truly alive and compassionate. It is not the empath who is broken, it is society that has become dysfunctional and emotionally disabled. There is no shame in expressing your authentic feelings. Those who are at times described as being a ‘hot mess’ or having ‘too many issues’ are the very fabric of what keeps the dream alive for a more caring, humane world. Never be ashamed to let your tears shine a light in this world.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
4. “Empathy is the only human superpower – it can shrink distance, cut through social and power hierarchies, transcend differences, and provoke political and social change” – Elizabeth Thomas
5. “If we can share our story with someone who responds with empathy and understanding, shame can’t survive.” ― Brené Brown
6. “Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge… is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world. It requires profound purpose larger than the self-kind of understanding.” ― Bill Bullard
7. “The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all sense a mysterious connection to each other.” ― Meryl Streep
8. Understanding people’s difficulties and—just as crucial—helping people understand their own difficulties and teaching them concrete ways to help themselves will help them better deal with their own lives and, in turn, ours.”― Kathryn Erskine
9. Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It’s the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else’s pain is as meaningful as your own – Barbara Kingsolver
10. Empathy is like giving someone a psychological hug – Lawrence J.
Samantha Wilson 2016. All Rights Reserved.