Mia Hollow is a writer and poet. I’m such a big fan of her work! If you haven’t had the pleasure of sifting through her words, here are ten of her quotes to remind you to grow wilder….
1. “I play with the fire of my own truth,” she told me, “I will burn for the things I love.”
2. “Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark.”
3. “You must burn. Burn higher. Burn for everything you have ever wanted. For everything you have ever lost, for every crack in your heart and every fraction of every irreplaceable moment. Burn high for love. For fear. For life. Burn as fast and as long as you can. You must burn, burn higher. Because nothing in this world will kill you faster than a dying fire.”
4. “Every now and again, you will feel a dull ache in your soul. A gentle humming around your heart. A longing for something without a name. If I ever told you to obey anything, this would be it.
Listen to the call of your authentic self. That part of you that lives just outside of your own skin. Let it have its way with you.
I have died a hundred times trying to ignore it.”
5. “I will find my way to the very edges of this world. I will follow the rain and sing along to the sounds of storms.
I will find my way to the pieces of this universe tucked away in the dustiest corners of this earth.
Until my blood returns to the ocean. Until I am air in the lungs of the brave. Until I am the dust of all that is free.”
6. “I long for the empty streets and miles to go before I sleep. For the untamed freedom, of stories untold. For long, dark nights not a soul in sight. For the throbbing heartbeat of the open road.”
7. “When I say that I love animals, I mean to say that I am IN love with them. Because they don’t know evil and have never been tempted by it. Because they are the purest image of any higher being I have ever known. Because their souls are made of a much bigger magic than my own, and if you let them, they will show it to you. Because this world is theirs, they were here first. And we should all love them a little more for graciously allowing us to have so much of it.”
8. “Secrets never die. We Bury them alive and hope they don’t come back to haunt us”
9. “You could never tell need who to be. I have earned these wings My freedom is the only thing that matters to me.”
10. “She was born wild and free. A cage is no place for someone like that.”
(c) Samantha Wilson 2016. All Rights Reserved.