1. I’ve made peace with the fact that the things that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them.
2. I’m a true believer in karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.
3. Women are like ovens. We need 5 to 15 minutes to heat up.
4. Nobody can make me cry in public. I’ll punch them first before they make my mascara smear.
5. I’ve been on the floor and I’ve been heartbroken. I didn’t know how I was going to stand up. But I just gave it time.
6. My goal now is to remember every place I’ve been, only do things I love and not say yes when I don’t mean it.
7. It’s about rebirth. How do you let go in the worst possible situation so you can have some kind of release and peace? Life is not going to stop coming at you. In the end, you just have to say, “I have no control.” Your time is precious. Are you really going to waste it worrying about this stuff?
8. Why do you need one? I don’t understand why there needs to be a love interest to make women go see a film. I think society sort of makes us feel that way – that if you don’t have a guy, you’re worthless.
9. I have no desire to maintain a lifestyle. I am a horrible celebrity. If I am out in public, I dress like a pig.
10. I hate taking selfies. I will not take a selfie that I can’t erase. I don’t post or do any of that stuff. People have these worlds they post and it’s about projecting an image and getting likes. I read a great article about how there’s a higher rate of depression because people are looking at everyone else’s Facebook [pages] and seeing this picture-perfect life. We’re not representing our lives truthfully. Like when you’re yelling at your child, you’re not taking a selfie of you being a horrible parent. No, you’re waiting for the perfect selfie. ‘Do I look thinner now?’ ‘Do I look great?’ It’s this false projection of one’s life. Hollywood has now gone global. Everyone’s Hollywood now.
Women try to tame themselves as they get older but the women who feel and look the best are the ones who grow wilder. Join me on my Growing Wilder E-Course and awaken your wild spirit. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.