Vivienne Westwood is a bit of a Queen I’d say. Fashioner designer and climate change activist, she could teach us a thing or two about life. 10 Vivienne Westwood quotes to remind you to grow wilder:-
1. I never look at fashion magazines. I find them incredibly boring. To me, reading a fashion magazine is the last thing I need to do. I’ve got books I need to read. More people should read books. It’s the most concentrated experience you can have. You know, all those incredible geniuses concentrated their lifetimes’ experiences in books. It’s much better than chattering away to somebody who’s never read anything and knows nothing at all.
2. I’m not terribly interested in beauty. What touches me is someone who understands herself.”
3. The sexiest people are thinkers. Nobody’s interested in somebody who’s just vain with a hole in their head, talking about the latest thing — there is no latest thing. It’s all rubbish.
4. You’ve got to invest in the world, you’ve got to read, you’ve got to go to art galleries, you’ve got to find out the names of plants. You’ve got to start to love the world and know about the whole genius of the human race. We’re amazing people.
5. I think feminists are unaware of the tremendous extent of the role of women in history.
6. I was still interested in the youth rebellion but never-the-less I stopped being a victim. Stopped trying to attack the establishment realizing that it takes too much of your energy.
7. If you ask me what I think people should be getting next season. I’ll tell you what I’d like them to buy — nothing. I’d like people to stop buying and buying and buying… There’s this idea that somehow you’ve got to keep changing things, and as often as possible. Maybe if people just decided not to buy anything for a while, they’d get a chance to think about what they wanted; what they really liked.
8. I’m anti-feminist. They don’t see the wood for the trees and everything has to be viewed from this feminist point of view. I know women have suffered and I think it’s great that people stand up for women’s rights but the problem with feminists is that they somehow consider women to be superior beings. And in the end, they just want to be men anyway. They want to do men’s work.
9. I have been asked what would I ban immediately if I could. Advertising.
10. Buy less. Choose well. Make it last. Quality, not quantity. Everybody’s buying far too many clothes.
Will you Free Your Wild and join my tribe in my Free Your Wild Tribe Facebook Group? Sign up for my Free Your Wild Program. Click the link below for full details….
(C) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.