Clarissa Pinkola Estes… the Mama of all things wild…. Clarissa is the author of Women Who Run With The Wolves. A book that has inspired millions of women to embrace their wild side…. 10 quotes to remind you to grow wilder…..
1. If you have yet to be called an incorrigible, defiant woman, don’t worry, there is still time.
2. A healthy woman is much like a wolf: robust, chock-full, strong life force, life-giving, territorially aware, inventive, loyal, roving.
3. When women reassert their relationship with the wildish nature, they are gifted with a permanent and internal watcher, a knower, a visionary, an oracle, an inspiratrice, an intuitive, a maker, a creator, an inventor, and a listener who guide, suggest, and urge vibrant life in the inner and outer world.
4. I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and you laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom.
5. The doors to the world of the wild Self are few but precious. If you have a deep scar, that is a door, if you have an old, old story, that is a door. If you love the sky and the water so much you almost cannot bear it, that is a door. If you yearn for a deeper life, a full life, a sane life, that is a door
6. Go out in the woods, go out. If you don’t go out in the woods nothing will ever happen and your life will never begin.
7. Tears are a river that takes you somewhere…Tears lift your boat off the rocks, off dry ground, carrying it downriver to someplace better.
8. The most important thing is to hold on, hold out, for your creative life, for your solitude, for your time to be and do, for your very life.
9. Stories that rise from deep suffering can provide the most potent remedies for past, present, and even future ills.
10. Remember, if logic were all there really was to the world, then surely all men would ride sidesaddle.
Join me on a wild adventure on the Portuguese Camino de Santiago. We´ll walk the way together and see what magic awaits us. Visit my Camino de Santiago page or click the link below for full details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.