Frida Kahlo was a Mexican painter, who mostly painted self-portraits. Inspired by Mexican popular culture, she employed a naïve folk art style to explore questions of identity, postcolonialism, gender, class, and race in Mexican society.
Here are 10 Frida Kahlo quotes to remind you to grow wilder…
1.”I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me, too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.”
2. “Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
3. “Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.”
4. “I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learned how to swim.”
5. “Feet, what do I need them for. If I have wings to fly.”
6. “Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are a bourbon biscuit.”
7. I don’t give a shit what the world thinks. I was born a bitch, I was born a painter, I was born fucked. But I was happy in my way. You did not understand what I am. I am love. I am pleasure, I am essence, I am an idiot, I am an alcoholic, I am tenacious. I am; simply I am … You are a shit.”
8. “I am my own muse, i am the subject i know best. the subject i want to know better.”
9. “i paint flowers so they will not die”
10. “I am that clumsy human, always loving, loving, loving. And loving. And never leaving.”
Are you growing wilder? Join me on my Growing Wilder Journey Through The Chakras E-Course and awaken your feminine energy. It´s your time to bloom. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2016. All Rights Reserved.