Anna Eleanor Roosevelt was an American politician, diplomat and activist. She was the longest-serving First Lady of the United States. A woman before her time and often referred to as a woman of the future, her early years as First Lady were controversial. She used her roar for the expansion of women´s roles in the workplace and the civil rights of African/Asian Americans.
Here are 10 Eleanor Roosevelt quotes to remind you to grow wilder…
1. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
2. You wouldn´t worry so much about what other´s think of you if you realised how seldom they do.
3. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
4. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
5. Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.
6. Women are like teabags. You don´t know how strong they are until you put them in hot water.
7. It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.
8. Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
9. It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
10. The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.