Emmeline Pankhurst was a British political activist and leader of the British suffragette movement who helped women win the right to vote. Here are 10 Emmeline Pankhurst quotes to remind you to grow wilder….
1.I´d rather be a rebel than a slave.
2. Not by the forces of civil war can you govern the very weakest woman. You can kill that woman, but she escapes you then; you cannot govern her. No power on earth can govern a human being, however feeble, who withholds his or her consent.
3. If it is right for men to fight for their freedom, and God knows what the human race would be like today if men had not, since time began, fought for their freedom, then it is right for women to fight for their freedom and the freedom of the children they bear.
4. Remember the dignity of your womanhood.Do not appeal. Do not beg. Do not grovel. Take courage. Join hands. Stand beside us. Fight with us.
5. We have to free half of the human race. The women. So they can free the other half.
6. Trust in God. She will provide.
7. We will put the enemy in the position where they have to choose between giving us freedom or giving us death.
8. I know that women, once convinced that they are doing what is right, that their rebellion is just, will go on, no matter what the difficulties, no matter what the dangers, so long as there is a woman alive to hold up the flag of rebellion. I would rather be a rebel than a slave.
9. You have to make more noise than anybody else, you have to make yourself more obtrusive than anybody else, you have to fill all the papers more than anybody else, in fact you have to be there all the time and see that they do not snow you under, if you are really going to get your reform realized.