Russell Brand is a former naughty boy stand up comedian turned political activist and author on a quest for a spiritual revolution. With the gift of the gab and a knack for saying exactly what he thinks, here are ten Russell Brand quotes to remind you to grow wilder…
1.“I am naïve and I have fucked up but I tell you something else. I believe in change. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty because my hands are dirty already. I don’t mind giving my life to this because I’m only alive because of the compassion and love of others.”
2. “Total revolution of consciousness and our entire social, political and economic system is what interests me, but that´s not on the ballot.”
3. “When it comes to your career, you must always try and allow the positive aspects of your character to dictate what happens to you. Be led by your talent, not by your self-loathing; those other things you just have to manage.”
4. “You have to forgive everyone for everything. You can’t cling on to any blame that you may be using to make sense of the story of your life.”
5. “I know change is possible, I know there is an alternative because I live a completely different life to the one I was born with. I also know that the solution is not fame or money or any transient adornment of the individual. The only Revolution that can really change the world is the one in your own consciousness, and mine has already begun.”
6. “Anything you don’t want discard, anything that hurts let go. None of it’s real you know, all that pain, all that regret, all that doubt, not thin enough, not a good enough mum, not a good enough son, not a good enough bum. You are enough, you’re enough. there’s nothing you can buy or try on that’s going to make you any better because you couldn’t be any better than you are.”
7. “When I look back, it’s not those misdeeds that I regret—I’d do them again, I tells ya—but the times when I conformed. I regret that I didn’t realize that actually they’ve got no power over you at school—it’s all just a trick to indoctrinate you into being a conditioned, tame, placid citizen. Rebel, children, I urge you, fight the turgid slick of conformity with which they seek to smother your glory.”
8. “We are animals. We are free animals with a divine spark, we’re not in a farm or a zoo or a theme park, we’re free. We’ve forgotten that we’re free…”
9. “How we treat the vulnerable is how we define ourselves as a species.”
10. “I don´t see why someone should lose their life so you can have a snack (on being vegan)”
Women try to tame themselves as they get older but the women who feel and look the best are the ones who grow wilder. Join me on my Growing Wilder E-Course and awaken your wild spirit. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.