Alanis Morissette has encouraged women to grow wilder with her lay-it-all-bare lyrics for nearly 30 years! I can´t believe it! I must be getting old, my friends!
Here are 9 Alanis Morrisette lyrics (and one quote I like a lot) to remind you to grow wilder.
1. What it all comes down to my friends. Is that everything’s just fine fine fine. I’ve got one hand in my pocket and the other one is flashing a peace sign. (Hands In My Pocket)
2. I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone. I recommend walking around naked in your living room.
3. Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly. He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye. He waited his whole damn life to take that flight. And as the plane crashed down he thought. ‘Well isn’t this nice…'” (Ironic)
4. You grieve you learn, you choke you learn. You laugh you learn, you choose you learn. You pray you learn, you ask you learn. You live you learn. (You Learn)
5. You are the bearer of unconditional things. You held your breath and the door for me. Thanks for your patience. (Head Over Feet)
6. How about me not blaming you for everything. How about me enjoying the moment for once. How about how good it feels to finally forgive you. How about grieving it all one at a time. (Thank U)
7. Look at us form our cliques in our sandbox. Look at us being cruel kids with both our hearts blocked. Look at us turn away from all the rough spots. Look at dictatorship on my own block. (Underneath)
8. In this sacred duality. The highs and lows and the heres and theres. These aversions and these cravings. Push me beyond identity into pure awareness (we’re already here) (Edge of Evolution)
9. You already won me over in spite of me. So don´t be alarmed if I fall head over feet. And don´t be surprised if I love you for all that you are.
10. The truth of who we are is innate goodness and the journey is to remove any obstacle or belief that keeps us from knowing that.
Women try to tame themselves as they get older but the women who feel and look the best are the ones who grow wilder. Join me on my Growing Wilder E-Course and awaken your wild spirit. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.