Ellen Page is a Candian Actress, Feminist and Animal Rights Activist. With wisdom beyond her years, she has touched on everything from feminism to sexuality, finding your purpose and childhood role models.
Here are 10 Ellen Page Quotes to remind you to grow wilder.
1. As a girl, you’re supposed to love Sleeping Beauty. I mean, who wants to love Sleeping Beauty when you can be Aladdin?
2. I’ve always been drawn to stories and telling them; whether it was through being a part of theater when I was a little kid, or film, or with music, there’s just been an innate desire to feel that connection.
3. I really hope that we’ll have a sustainable future on this planet, I really do. So I probably geek out mostly about learning more about how potentially we can hopefully make that happen, hopefully we’re not too far lost.
4. When I feel strongly about something, I’m not so quiet.
5. I am a feminist and I am totally pro-choice, but what’s funny is when you say that people assume that you are pro-abortion. I don’t love abortion but I want women to be able to choose and I don’t want white dudes in an office being able to make laws on things like this. I mean what are we going to do – go back to clothes hangers?
6. I don’t know why people are so reluctant to say they’re feminists. Could it be any more obvious that we still live in a patriarchal world when feminism is a bad word?
7. Why are vegans made fun of while the inhumane factory farming process regards animals and the natural world merely as commodities to be exploited for profit?
8. Absolutely, I think coming out has allowed me to align who I am with my creative self.
9. This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another. If we took just five minutes to recognize each other’s beauty instead of attacking each other for our differences – that’s not hard – it’s really an easier and better way to live.
10. Love, the beauty of it, the joy of it and yes, even the pain of it, is the most incredible gift to give and to receive as a human being. And we deserve to experience love fully, equally, without shame and without compromise.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.