Eva Cassidy was a singer/songwriter with the voice of an angel. Sadly, she was taken too soon, passing away from cancer in 1996. Her gentle lyrics and soothing voice live on through her music.
Here are 10 lyrics sung by Eva Cassidy to remind you to grow wilder….
1. If time is a healer. Then all hearts that break. Are put back together again. ‘Cause love heals the wound it makes.
2. People get ready. There’s a train a-coming. You don’t need no baggage. You just get on board. All you need is faith. To hear diesels humming. You don’t need no ticket. You just thank the Lord. Yeah yeah yeah.
3. For you, there’ll be no crying. For you, the sun will be shining. ‘Cause I feel that when I’m with you. It’s alright. I know it’s right.
4. Oh, had I a golden thread. And a needle so fine. I would weave a magic spell. Of a rainbow design. In it I would weave the courage. Of women giving birth. And in it I would weave the innocence. Of the children of all the earth. Children of all the earth.
5. I wandered by a brookside. I wandered by a mill. I could not hear the water. The murmuring it was still. Not a sound of any grasshopper. Nor the chirp of any bird. But the beating of my own heart. Was the only sound I heard
6. Across the evening sky, all the birds are leaving. Oh but then you know, it was time for them to go. By the winter fire, I will still be dreaming. I do not count the time for who knows where the time goes?
7. In the early morning rain with a dollar in my hand. And an aching in my heart. And my pockets full of sand. I’m a long way from home. And I miss my loved ones so. In the early morning rain. With no place to go.
8. Back through the years. I go wonderin’ once again. Back to the seasons of my youth. I recall a box of rags that someone gave us. And my momma put those rags to use. There were rags of many colors. Every piece was small. And I early in the fall. Momma sewed the rags together. She sowed every piece with love. She made my coat of many colors.
9. One of these mornings you’re gonna rise up singing. Then you’ll spread your wings and you’ll take to the sky. But till that morning there ain’t nothing can harm you. With daddy and mommy, mommy standing by. So hush little baby, baby don’t you cry.
10. My life goes on in endless song above earth’s lamentations, I hear the real, though far-off hymn that hails a new creation. Through all the tumult and the strife. I hear it’s music ringing, It sounds an echo in my soul. How can I keep from singing?
Women try to tame themselves as they get older but the women who feel and look the best are the ones who grow wilder. Join me on my Growing Wilder E-Course and awaken your wild spirit. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.