Nina Simone. The High Priestess of Soul. Nina was an American singer, songwriter, pianist, arranger, and activist in the Civil Rights Movement. The daughter of a Preacher, Nina changed her name to disguise herself from her family for playing devil´s music.
Here are 10 Nina Simone lyrics to remind you to grow wilder…
1. Birds flyin’ high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel. Breeze driftin’ on by, you know how I feel. It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me and I´m feeling good.
2. I wish I could give. All I’m longin’ to give. I wish I could live. Like I’m longing to live. I wish I could do. All the things that I can do
3. Don’t you know you’re life itself. Like a leaf clings to a tree. Oh my darling, cling to me. For we’re creatures of the wind. And wild is the wind. So wild is the wind.
4. I’m as restless as a willow in a windstorm, I’m as jumpy as a puppet on a string, I’d say that I had spring fever, But I know it isn’t spring.
5. Eve and Adam had a garden everything was great. Till one day a boy says pardon Miss my name is snake. See that apple over yonder if you’ll take a bite. You and Adam both are bound to have some fun tonight. Go on and eat forbidden fruit. It’s mighty sweet forbidden fruit. It’s quite a treat forbidden fruit. Go ahead and taste it you don’t wanna waste it.
6. I like the sunrise cos it brings a new day. I like the new day it brings new hope they say. I like the sunrise blazing in the new sky. Nighttime’s so weary and oh so am I.
7. This is a man who thinks with his heart. His heart is not always wise. This is a man who stumbles and falls. But this is a man who tries. This is a man you’ll forgive and forgive. And help and protect as long as you live.
8. ‘Tis the last rose of summer. Left blooming all alone. All her lovely companions. Are faded and gone. No flower of her kindred. No rose bud is nigh. To reflect back her blushes. Or give sigh for sigh.
9. I put a spell on you. ‘Cause you’re mine. You better stop the things you do. I ain’t lyin’. No I ain’t lyin’.
10. Got my hair, got my head. Got my brains, got my ears. Got my eyes, got my nose. Got my mouth, I got my smile. I got my tongue, got my chin. Got my neck, got my boobs. Got my heart, got my soul. Got my back, I got my sex.
I got my arms, got my hands. Got my fingers, got my legs. Got my feet, got my toes. Got my liver, got my blood. I’ve got life, I’ve got my freedom. I’ve got the life.
Are you growing wilder? Join me on my Growing Wilder Journey Through The Chakras E-Course and awaken your feminine energy. It´s your time to bloom. Click below for details.