Stevie Nicks is an American singer-songwriter who is undoubtedly the Queen of Rock and Roll. I´m sure you will remember her for her work with Fleetwood Mac, and for her chart-topping solo career. With her distinctive voice, mystical visual style, and symbolic lyrics she is an amazing example of a woman gone wild.
Here are 10 Stevie Nicks quotes to remind you to grow wilder.
1. “I said,’Instead of going in the direction that a lot of the women singers are going in [revealing], I’ll be very, very sexy under 18 pounds of chiffon and lace and velvet…I will have mystique.”
2. “We fought very hard for feminism, for women’s rights. What I’m seeing today is a very opposite thing. I don’t know why, but I see women being put back in the place. And I hate it. We’re losing all we worked so hard for and it really bums me out.”
3. “There is always magic to be summoned at any point. I love to live in a world of magic, but not a fake world of magic. We all really basically have a lot of magic… It’s only those of us who choose to accept it, that really understand it. It’s there for everyone. That’s the only thing that I feel I am able to give to people and that’s why I know that they respond to me because I try to give them only their own magic… not mine, but theirs”
4. “Don’t be lady. Be a legend.”
5. “There are days when I swear I could fly like an eagle. And dark desperate hours that nobody sees. My arms stretched triumphant on top of the mountain. My head in my hands down on my knees”.
6. “I’ve never been to a strip club but I turn on MTV and see in every single video what it must look like… if you have to work so hard at appearing sexy, then perhaps you weren’t that sexy after all, perhaps your music has no sensuality, perhaps your music is dull, indeed, that you have no choice but to pelvic thrust your way through a pop video in a leather bikini in order to detract from its mediocrity… it might be advisable to do something else.”
7. Your graciousness is what carries you. It isn’t how old you are, how young you are, how beautiful you are, or how short your skirt is. What it is, is what comes out of your heart. If you are gracious, you have won the game.
8. When you grow up as a girl, the world tells you the things that you are supposed to be: emotional, loving, beautiful, wanted. And then when you are those things, the world tells you they are inferior: illogical, weak, vain, empty.
9. I believe that there is a certain amount of mysticism that all women should have, that you should never tell all your secrets, that you should never tell everybody all about you.
10. You can’t just be a wimp and then a year and a half or two years later decide to not be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp once they have decided that’s what you are. You have to be strong and tough and intelligent and smart and kind of plan out what you’re going to say and know who you are. So that people will get that right away. Because then they’re always going to be great to you. And they’re always going to treat you with respect.
Women try to tame themselves as they get older but the women who feel and look the best are the ones who grow wilder. Join me on my Growing Wilder E-Course and awaken your wild spirit. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.