Brene Brown has spent the past sixteen years studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and her work has inspired millions of people to lead a more courageous life. Here are 10 Brene Brown Quotes to remind you to grow wilder:-
1. You either walk inside your story and own it or walk outside of your story and hustle for your worth.
2. Don´t try to win over the haters. You´re not a jackass whisper.
3. Loving ourselves through the process of owning our story is the bravest thing we will ever do.
4. You can choose courage or you can choose comfort. But you cannot choose both.
5. What’s the greater risk? Letting go of what people think – or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?
6. Even to me the issue of “stay small, sweet, quiet, and modest” sounds like an outdated problem, but the truth is that women still run into those demands whenever we find and use our voices.
7. Living a connected life ultimately is about setting boundaries, spending less time and energy hustling and winning over people who don’t matter, and seeing the value of working on cultivating connection with family and close friends.
8. For me, vulnerability led to anxiety, which led to shame, which led to disconnection, which led to Bud Light.
9. Shame resilience is the ability to say, “This hurts. This is disappointing, maybe even devastating. But success and recognition and approval are not the values that drive me. My value is courage and I was just courageous. You can move on, shame.
10. And often the result of daring greatly isn’t a victory march as much as it is a quiet sense of freedom mixed with a little battle fatigue.
Tell me, what will you do with your one wild and precious life? Join me on a wild adventure on the Portuguese Camino de Santiago. We´ll walk the way together and see what magic awaits us. Visit my Camino de Santiago page or click the link below for full details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2017. All Rights Reserved.