J.K.Rowling is the author and screenwriter of the legendary Harry Potter book/movie series. She has battled with severe depression when rock bottom became the solid foundation on which she built her life to go on to become the most successful female writer in history.
Not afraid to pull her punches when it comes to advice on living, here are 10 J.K.Rowling quotes to remind you to grow wilder…
1. Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life.
2. Is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me.
3. We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.
4. I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depressed. Never. What’s to be ashamed of? I went through a really rough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that.
5. There is an expiration date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.
6. The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive.
7. If someone asked for my recipe for happiness, step one would be finding out what you love doing most in the world and step two would be finding someone to pay you to do it.
8. You’ve got to be prepared for hitting wrong notes occasionally, or quite a lot. That’s just part of the learning process. And read a lot. Reading a lot really helps. Read anything you can get your hands on.
9. Many prefer not to exercise their imaginations at all. They choose to remain comfortably within the bounds of their own experience, never troubling to wonder how it would feel to have been born other than they are.
10. Many prefer not to exercise their imaginations at all. They choose to remain comfortably within the bounds of their own experience, never troubling to wonder how it would feel to have been born other than they are.
Women try to tame themselves as they get older but the women who feel and look the best are the ones who grow wilder. Join me on my Growing Wilder E-Course and awaken your wild spirit. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2018. All Rights Reserved.