Janis Joplin was an American rock singer and songwriter; one of the most successful and widely-known female rock stars of her era. Sadly, she passed away aged 27 yet left a legacy to inspire future generations of women. …. here are 10 Janis Joplin quotes to remind you to grow wilder….
1. I always wanted to be an artist, whatever that was, like other chicks want to be stewardesses. I read. I painted. I thought.
2. I’ve been looking around, and I noticed something: how much you really need to be loved. Ambition isn’t just a desperate quest for positions or money. It’s just love – lots of love.
3. Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.
4. I’m a victim of my own insides. There was a time when I wanted to know everything. It used to make me very unhappy, all that feeling. I just didn’t know what to do with it. But now I’ve learned to make that feeling work for me.
5. When I sing, I feel like when you’re first in love. It’s more than sex. It’s that point two people can get to they call love, when you really touch someone for the first time, but it’s gigantic, multiplied by the whole audience. I feel chills.
6. Playing is just about feeling. Playing isn’t necessarily about misery. Playing isn’t necessarily about happiness. But it’s just about letting yourself feel all those things that you have already on the inside of you, but you’re all the time trying to push them aside because they don’t make for polite conversation or something.
7. The more you live the less you die.
8. Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
9. I just want to feel as much as I can. It’s what soul is all about.
10. To be true to myself. To be the person I was on the inside and not play games. That’s what I’m trying to do mostly in the world. To not bullshit myself and to not bullshit others.
Women try to tame themselves as they get older but the women who feel and look the best are the ones who grow wilder. Join me on my Growing Wilder E-Course and awaken your wild spirit. Click below for details.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2018. All Rights Reserved.