Aretha Franklin. The Queen of Soul. Rest in Peace, beautiful lady.
Here are ten Aretha Franklin quotes to remind you to grow wilder…
1. Music does a lot of things for a lot of people. It’s transporting, for sure. It can take you right back, years back, to the very moment certain things happened in your life. It’s uplifting, it’s encouraging, it’s strengthening.
2. Being the Queen is not all about singing, and being a diva is not all about singing. It has much to do with your service to people. And your social contributions to your community and your civic contributions as well.
3. Who hasn’t had a weight issue? If not the body, certainly the big head!
4. Falling out of love is like losing weight. It’s a lot easier putting it on than taking it off.
5. We all require and want respect, man or woman, black or white. It’s our basic human right.
6. Trying to grow up is hurting. You make mistakes. You try to learn from them, and when you don’t, it hurts even more.
7. Sometimes, what you’re looking for is already there.
8. Trying to grow up is hurting. You make mistakes. You try to learn from them, and when you don’t, it hurts even more.
9. I am doing what I love to do, and you cannot beat that, especially when the audience appreciates what you prepare for them. It’s very, very gratifying.
10. You cannot define a person on just one thing. You can’t just forget all these wonderful and good things that a person has done because one thing didn’t come off the way you thought it should come off.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2018. All Rights Reserved.